Workshops + Guest Conducting
Skype workshops have been a great alternative when schedule and budget can’t facilitate an in-person workshop or a residency. They are a wonderful way to get feedback from the composer and background information on his composition. A test call is always scheduled before the session to make sure everything runs smoothly. They are usually a week or two before the performance and the sessions last about 45 minutes to an hour depending on the ensemble’s class schedule. A few minutes is always left at the end of the session for a Q&A with the students. There is a fee for the workshop. #SGskype
With California’s Valhalla High School on “Tap-Tap”.
A wonderful way to get feedback from the composer and background information on his composition. It’s a workshop that focuses on bringing out the absolute best performances from your choir.
Upcoming Guest Conducting:
- 2018 Maine All-State High School Mixed Chorus
- 2019 Florida All-State Middle School Treble Chorus
- 2019 All-Guillaume concert at Carnegie Hall in New York City
Previous Guest Conducting:
- 2018 Virginia District 12 High School Mixed Chorus
- 2017 Connecticut Southern Region Honor Choir
- 2016 DCINY Mass Choir – All-Guillaume half concert at the Lincoln Center in New York City
- 2013 Pennsylvania Music Educators Association (PMEA) District 12 Honor Choir
Residencies are a great way to interact with students and professors for a few days in preparation for a concert. They usually include master classes, lectures, one-on-one composition lessons, and workshops with different ensembles on my music.