Workshops + Guest Conducting
Skype workshops have been a great alternative when schedule and budget can’t facilitate an in-person workshop or a residency. They are a wonderful way to get feedback from the composer and background information on his composition. A test call is always scheduled before the session to make sure everything runs smoothly. They are usually a week or two before the performance and the sessions last about 45 minutes to an hour depending on the ensemble’s class schedule. A few minutes is always left at the end of the session for a Q&A with the students. There is a fee for the workshop.
Link to all Skype workshops pictures: #SGskype
With California’s Valhalla High School on “Tap-Tap”.
Upcoming Guest Conducting events:
- 2019 All-Guillaume concert at Carnegie Hall in New York City ( more info at: MidAmerica Productions )
- 2019 Florida All-State Middle School Treble Chorus
- 2019 Central Virginia District High School SATB Chorus
Previous Guest Conducting events:
- 2018 Maine All-State High School Mixed Chorus
- 2018 Virginia District 12 High School Mixed Chorus
- 2017 Connecticut Southern Region High School Mixed Chorus
- 2016 DCINY Mass Choir – All-Guillaume half concert at the Lincoln Center in New York City
- 2013 Pennsylvania Music Educators Association (PMEA) District 12 High School Mixed Chorus